"Nine on the Line" is a chef Q&A series asking a different chef nine questions in each article.
艾弗Cryderman was raised in the kitchen alongside his chef father. With the love of cuisine instilled young, he went the professional route at age 17 in Ferndale, Michigan Cajun-Creole restaurant, 豪的河口.
From there, Cryderman hopped around to kitchens in North Carolina 和 Colorado. In 2012, he 和 his dad opened the food truck Chef’s Kitchen Food. With his passion for the industry invigorated, he spent some time at Loews Ventana Canyon 和 Reilly Craft Pizza & 喝.
Afterwards, Cryderman was executive chef at Ten55 Brewing 和 Sausage House. Now, he leads the kitchen of 暗黑破坏神汉堡 和 良好的橡树酒吧.
1) What was the first dish you had that changed your perspective on food?
炖小牛肘. I was very young, don’t really remember what age, but it was life-changing. 我爸爸做的. I can recall the smell from it braising for hours 和 the anticipation of it.
2) What are you eating these days?
Way too much sausage haha JK. My two-year-old loves noodles, so lots of that at home.
3) What was the first dish you remember cooking?
I would make a carrot 和 cabbage slaw with a Caesar dressing when I was around five years old using the shredder attachment on the food processor. But actual cooking would be mashed potatoes for sure.
4) What concept, ingredient, or food trend are you experimenting with these days?
I call it the “Ghetto Chic,” taking really nice ingredients 和 then some not so impressive ones 和 having fun with them.
5) Who would you most like to cook or eat dinner with?
I know it’s kinda cliché, but Anthony Bourdain. The conversation would be awesome. His writing was 和 is such an inspiration to me.
6) What city, other than Tucson, is your favorite place to eat?
Detroit 和 the surrounding area. So many cultures make for awesome food everywhere you look.
7) Speaking in junk food terms, what is your favorite guilty pleasure?
Gas station hot dogs with nacho cheese. I know it’s garbage, but I love that stuff. Oh, Taco Bell.
8) Which three Tucson restaurants do you frequent the most, aside from your own?
9) With a figurative electric chair in your immediate future, what is your last meal?
A coney from Lafayette, a square pepperoni pizza from jets an Ernie burger (it’s really a s和wich) 和 an ice cold Rock-n-Rye. All my hometown favorites.
Catch 艾弗Cryderman at Ten55 Brewing 和 Sausage House, 110 E. 国会圣. For more information, visit 1055年酿造.com.